Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 10. Just Keep Swimming (Oct. 7, 2013)


Magandang umaga po so inyo lahat. 

   Nagpapasalamat po ako sa opportunidad to email you all tungkol sa yung work ko dito sa Filippines. hehe
So this week has been good. Lots of work and walking.

   On Monday, we taught a referral from one of the members here. His name is Dr. N.T. and he's actually spent a lot of time living in America, in New Jersey to be exact. He is actually paralyzed in the right half of his body and has had surgery on his heart. He's an older guy. It was fun to teach him because I got to say some of the lesson in English. But at the same time it was so weird. I never thought it would be weird to say the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm just so used to saying Ang Panunumbalik ng Ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo. How odd...

   Anyways that was the fun part on Monday.

   On Tuesday, we found a family that the last missionaries had been teaching. We looked for them for forever and we finally found them. It's the E family. We taught the mom, M and her daughter, K. They're so smart and open. We asked them to be baptized and they said yes. Sana may maraming binyag on November 9th, Happy Birthday to me :) Hopefully this is the time for them to be baptized.

Hmmm what else.... Nothing absolutely amazing has happened this week. It's kind of been the same as always. We just keep working hard and sharing the gospel with everyone. Everyone still calls me Barbie but I'm used to it now. I just accept it.

   The language is still coming. Earlier this week, I did language study with Sister D, one of the senior missionaries here. I always forget how complicated Tagalog is. There are so many different ways to conjugate the root words. Wow, I am amazed that I can speak it at all haha

   So yup, that's this week. The work is so fun and so worth it. Serving a mission is the greatest blessing ever. It's so hard but it's definitely worth it.

   Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. I love you all

   Until next week, Kapayapaan sa labas <3
-Sister Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment