Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 15: How Can I Keep from Singing?

Man I am so happy right now. Thank you for all the birthday wishes and prayers. This past week has been hard and rewarding all in one. There is always room for improvement and there are always opportunities to improve. I'm so thankful for that. 

I'm also thankful that Heavenly Father protects his missionaries. In case you didn't know, there's a super typhoon going on right now in the Philippines but it's not in my mission. The other day we were at a signal 1 which means that there's only really really strong wind. In other places in the Philippines it's at a signal 4... Super scary stuff.

So anyways, this week has been fun. As we've been striving to be as obedient as possible, we've been able to notice the little miracles that Heavenly Father has seen fit to bless us with. I've realized that my ability to keep a positive attitude is a great blessing in this work.

This last Saturday, we went to teach Sister I. again. Her nephew, R., has been listening to the lessons too but it's like pulling teeth with him because he always goes and hides from us because I'm white and "scary" haha so we haven't taught him in a while. But he has a girlfriend named, M., who is 18 and we've never taught her before.
When we went there on Saturday, Sister I. told us that M. wants us to teach her. I was pretty shocked, let me tell you. So we taught her the first lesson and she was super receptive. Sister L., because she's awesome like that, invited her to be baptized and she accepted. Whaa?! No concerns or anything. I was shocked again. Heavenly Father definitely prepares people for us.

We've taught her two more times since and every time Sister L. has reextended the BGD just to make sure that she was still willing to be baptized and every time she's said yes. Whoa. And! She came to church on Sunday with Sister I. I love being a missionary :)

There are many other little miracles that we've seen here every single day. Sometimes it's hard to count all of them but when we do we become more grateful and really just a lot happier.

I am so grateful to be here on my mission and to know that Heavenly Father loves me. I can tell by the little ways he takes care of me.

Hmmm what else can I tell you. Yesterday was super fun because both Sister H. and Sister E. worked with us. Sister H. is 57 and a branch missionary here. Sister E. is her 20 year old daughter. Sister E. is going to serve a mission hopefully next year and she's gonna be amazing. I keep teasing her that she's gonna get called to America and then she's gonna have to perfect her English. She is actually really good at speaking English but she thinks she has bad grammar so she sticks to Tagalog most of the time. But her testimony and her mom's testimonies are so strong. Sadly they can only work with us on Sundays because they work every other day of the week. I know that members are so important to the work. They are essential.

I know that Heavenly Father is preparing people all around us for the gospel. All we have to do is open our mouths and try to help them come unto him. Remember, if you share the gospel in the spirit of love, people won't get offended.

I love you all. Thank you so much for all your prayers and love and support. Have a great week!

Until next week,
Mahal ko kayo!
-Sister Hess


p.s. Let's add "Taylor Swift" to the list of names people have called me here haha

No comments:

Post a Comment