Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 6: Psst... Hey Barbie... (Sept. 9, 2013)

Soooooo this is the 6th week already. It's gone by so fast! 

   I've learned a lot this week. And there are transfers tomorrow and who knows what's gonna happen. 
So this week we've taught a lot of lessons. Siempre. We're missionaries, that's what we do. We go around and share the gospel with all of God's children and try to get them to change their lives. Sometimes it's hard for us because they don't understand the importance or they don't want to change. "As missionaries, we desire the salvation of all of God's children."

   We've been teaching L.F. for the last couple of weeks. She's so smart and receptive. Sobrang mabait. Pero, as we've taught her she's become less and less interested. She has a BGD pero she won't come to church and we don't know why. She just isn't as interested. We still continue to teach her and try to help her because that's our job and we are very very very stubborn.

   But on another note, we received and referral from the district next door to ours, Candelaria. The referrals name is R.A. His mother is a member and she wants him to receive the gospel. He's never been married but he used to have a live-in which is normal here. We taught him the first lesson and I extended the BGD to him (I'm not scared to ask people to be baptized at all and Sister C's always surprised when I do because I never tell her I'm going to do it, I just do) and he accepted. He knows that the only way he can receive kaligtasan (salvation) is through our message and following the commandments of God. Yesterday, we taught him the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom because we felt that that would be his biggest concern. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't. He accepted them as commandments of God and is going to follow them. Wow. Amazing. Out of all of our investigators with BGD's he is the one that shows the most promise right now.

   I love being a missionary. This is the hardest thing that I've ever done but the most rewarding thing as well. It's also super fun. Going out and finding the people that Heavenly Father has prepared for us and helping them come unto him. It's so  rewarding to see the improvements in their lives because of what we've shared with them.

   I know that this is the true church on earth. There isn't a doubt in my mind. I know that through His missionaries, Heavenly Father can bring about salvation for all men. This is my testimony. I'm so grateful for my decision to serve a mission. Greatest thing ever. I will never regret it.

   I love you all and I'm so grateful for all of your prayers and support. Keep it up :)

   Mahal ko kayo!
-Sister Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment